Maintenance Mechanic- $ Sign-on Bonus Eligible $
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!We seek a dedicated individual who will be
responsible for performing various mechanical, maintenance and
repair work including the inspection and maintenance work required
for rotating machinery and equipment. The mechanic may inspect and
adjust the mechanical alignment of pumps, replace or rebuild pumps,
replace fan bearings, replace motors, repair screw conveyors,
rebuild or change gearboxes, install and modify piping, and assist
in the modification and addition of plant projects. Some
responsibilities will include:
- The inspection and maintenance work required for rotating
machinery and equipment.
- Inspect and adjust, as necessary, the mechanical alignment,
balance, level and general condition of conveyors, compressors,
boilers, pumps, water treatment equipment, stokers, fans turbines,
diesel engines, gear reducers and other rotating equipment
throughout the plant.
- Check, repair, adjust or replace couplings, bearings and
- Fabricate and weld to standard platforms, chutes and other
non-pressure vessel code welding procedures.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks including routine
vibration test, thermography & ultrasonic testing.
- Actively participate in the periodic teardown and internal
inspection of major equipment.
- Use various shop equipment in the performance of his/her
assigned tasks, such as the repair or rebuilding of soot blower
devices, gearboxes, speed reducers, pumps and other
- Read and interpret measuring tools, graphs and technical
- Follow all health and safety rules and regulations mandated by
law and per the policies and procedures. Keep work area clean, safe
and orderly. Position Requirements: To be considered for this
position the individual must have at least five years' experience
in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment in an
industrial environment and a High School/GED Diploma. Formal
technical or apprenticeship training is desired. Must have
- Understanding blueprints and be capable or willing to learn how
to perform multiple welding scopes including stick, Tig and Mig
welding, welding of steel and stainless steel, and be able to
become code qualified for boiler repairs.
- Candidate must have excellent manual dexterity, allowing for
the repair of precision equipment, safely and effectively, while
working in awkward locations/positions.
- Oral and written communication skills, along with problem
solving and decision-making ability.
- Fundamental computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
and standard operating & safety procedures.Must be able to work
shiftwork as well as overtime on a rotating on-call schedule to
support plant operations as needed including nights, weekends, and
holidays.Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA
M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The
poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be
adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this
site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Hempstead , Maintenance Mechanic- $ Sign-on Bonus Eligible $, Professions , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!