Special Care Aide - New York City
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Performs personal care services and assists patients requiring
special care or arrangements in activities of daily living. Uses
skills to perform other related routine services to patients in
1. Provides personal care and hygiene services to patients in the
home setting based on a prescribed plan of care.
* Assists with toileting, bathing, grooming and dressing.
* Assists with appropriate care of skin, teeth and mouth; and
* Changes and makes patient's bed; and keeps immediate area safe
2. Performs specific treatments with the instruction and
supervision of the visiting nurse.
* Measures and records patient's vital signs, intake/output,
weight, and urine for sugar, acetone and/or albumin.
* Reinforces dressing and changes simple non-sterile dressing on
* Assists with changing collection bags and drainable pouches.
* Reminds patients to perform prescribed exercises taught by
appropriate professional personnel, and provides passive ROM
* Assists with the use of adaptive equipment geared to patient's
* Prepares prescribed diets.
* Applies prescribed hot and cold applications as ordered.
* Assists patient to relearn household skills as established on
3. Assists with maintenance of patient's personal environment,
ensuring patient's safety, nutrition and hydration in accordance
with direction or plan of care.
* Organizes and carries out activities according to patient's
energy level to enhance recovery.
* Assists patient in moving, eating and drinking.
* Cleans kitchen area of all items used after meal preparation.
* Assures patient has available clean clothing and linens to
* Identifies that basic grocery essentials are present to meet
patient's special dietary requirements.
* Shops for patient's essential groceries when no other family
member is available.
4. Records and submits complete required documentation in
accordance with the policies and procedures of the agency.
* Completes documentation according to procedures.
5. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
* High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
* Certificate of completion of a state-approved program offered for
Home Health Aides.
* Current Driver's License and/or own transportation to maintain
caseload, schedule and travel to clients' homes.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Hempstead , Special Care Aide - New York City, Other , Jamaica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!