Company: KA Recruiting
Posted on: January 8, 2022
(Only QUALIFIED Healthcare Professionals accepted) Medical
Technologist - Cytology - Full-time Cytotechnologist needed at a
top laboratory in New York!
Responsible for the cytological examination of gyn specimens which
includes initial screening and reporting of normal and abnormal
cases. Retrieves previous histories to refer cases for QC review.
Refers all abnormal cases for final pathology review and diagnosis.
May screen non-gyn breast cases for the pathologists. Adheres to
departmental policies and procedures to include departmental
programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform cytological
screening and review slides
- Performs routine screening consistent with the departments
quality and productivity metrics
- Examines prepared slides with the microscope to detect evidence
of abnormalities in GYN cases
- Uses diagnostic codes to report negative cases and refers
abnormal cases to the pathologists for review
- Follows laboratory procedures for slide handling, reviewing,
reporting and maintaining records of patient results
- Understands and operates instrumentation systems proficiently
* BS Degree in Cytotechnology, Medical Technology, Clinical
Laboratory Science or completion of a one year course of study at
an accredited school of Cytotechnology
* NYS Department of Education License as a Cytotechnologist
* ThinPrep and SurePath certified
* Certified in the area of Cytotechnology by the American Society
of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP eligible preferred
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and a sign-on
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Keywords: KA Recruiting, Hempstead , Cytotechnologist, Other , Hempstead, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!