GRILL COOK (PART-TIME)
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Posted Date: Oct 7, 2021
- We have an opening for a part-time GRILL
- Location: Hofstra University; 1000 Hempstead Turnpike,
Hempstead, NY 11549 Note: online applications
- Schedule: P/T; weekend shifts!
- Requirement: Prior grill experience is preferred!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Considered a Line Cook responsible for running the grill
operations. Prepares food and serves customers at the grill station
in accordance with current applicable corporate standards,
guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and
a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Prepare item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other
cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Use established ticket-collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods,
quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including
tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté
burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
Think you have what it takes to be one of our
Grill Cooks? We’re committed to
hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll
be successful in the role:
- Two years working experience as a grill cook or in kitchen
preparation and cooking.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and
dining room personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 9 hours).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job
via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search
requisition ID number 916023.
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Hempstead , GRILL COOK (PART-TIME), Other , HEMPSTEAD, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!