SUPERVISOR, CATERING (FULL-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jun 21, 2021
- We are now hiring for a full-time SUPERVISOR,
- Location: Hofstra University; 1000 Fulton Avenue,
Hempstead, NY 11550 Note: online applications
- Schedule: full-time; Monday through Friday
- Requirement: Prior food service/catering experience is
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: As a Catering Supervisor, you will be
responsible for assisting the Catering Department in all duties
including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and
directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday
assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during
events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and leads a team of associates to successfully
execute events, meeting expected service and quality
- Assists in checking set-ups for regular and special
- Ensures client and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in staging catering equipment and beverage for daily
- Breaks down events and returns venue to original condition by
removing all food, beverage, equipment and garbage.
- Maintains clear understanding of all aspects of VIP
- Maintains QA/HAACP standards and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience, preferably in a catering
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Experience in catering events and working with event orders is
- Experience in supervising and training associates and temporary
personnel is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to
this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number
555244. Additionally, you can get
in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you
unique with a Pre-recorded Video Interview! Click
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Compass Group, Hempstead , SUPERVISOR, CATERING (FULL-TIME), Other , HEMPSTEAD, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!