Front Desk Receptionist
Company: Long Island FQHC
Posted on: June 8, 2021
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified
Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization
with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative
medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt,
Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In
addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices
(Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and
Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination
program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the
individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services,
expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the
level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with
a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with
health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company
match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
MISSION: The mission of the Long Island FQHC, Inc. is to
increase access to comprehensive primary and preventative health
care and to improve the health status of the community, especially
for the underserved and vulnerable in a financially responsible
JOB TITLE: Front Desk Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
The following statements reflect the general duties,
responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as
a detailed description of all the work requirements of this
- Promptly greets, assists, and directs patients and visitors in
a pleasant and professional manner.
- Responsible for patient check-in, registration, and
- Instructs patient/guardian of documentation required for visit.
On subsequent visits, verifies demographic and billing information
to ensure accuracy.
- Obtains patient demographic and insurance information, verifies
insurance eligibility, and enters accurate information in the
electronic health record.
- Provides patients with an explanation of all registration
forms, obtain patient/guardian signatures on required consents and
acknowledgements, and scan all accurately completed registration
forms in the electronic health record.
- Navigates through insurance portals and accurately interprets
coverage information such as the plan coverage description,
copayment, primary care provider, etc.
- Verifies whether a referral or pre-authorization of medical
necessity is required for visit.
- Assists patients with changing their primary care provider if
- Enters eligible patients into the sliding scale program and
enter all necessary information in the electronic record.
- Collects and processes payment due for visit and complete the
daily cash reconciliation process.
- Schedules patients appointments in accordance with criteria
established by the health center.
- Performs appointment reminder calls and no-show calls.
- Manages a large volume of incoming calls on a multi-line phone
system. Handles all calls politely and professionally and refers
calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Communicates and coordinates with physicians and/or clinical
staff to ensure timely patient care.
- Records and relays messages to the appropriate staff
- Opens, sorts, and distribute mail and faxes.
- Performs other clerical duties such as filling, photocopying,
and scanning of medical records.
- Provides coverage in other departments or health centers as
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Creole required
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office &
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and pay attention details
- One (1) year clerical experience in a medical setting
- Health insurance verification, authorization, and/or billing
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual
preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental
handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be
able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with
reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable
accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable
Keywords: Long Island FQHC, Hempstead , Front Desk Receptionist, Other , Hempstead, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!