Mechanical Supervisor (Covanta Field Services)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!Our Covanta Field Services team is seeking a
dedicated Mechanical Supervisor to lead our mechanical field
team.Role Summary:The responsibilities of the CFS Mechanical
Supervisor include the oversight of safe and efficient outage
execution of assigned mechanical work cost estimates and daily
outage cost tracking of assigned projectsRole Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight to the CFS mechanical crew
activities on projects and proposals. Review project specific
specifications, as necessary.
- Oversee and monitor activities on a specific project to ensure
activities are performed on time, accurately and in compliance with
Company, regulatory standards and requirements.
- Inspect work, ensure integrity of project, establish project
design basis and layout.
- Review drawings and specifications, evaluating feasibility,
quality and compliance in light of industry and Company
- Ensure compliance with standards and requirements while
balancing the timely and cost-effective achievement of project
- Review progress, including activities performed and costs,
ensuring schedule and cost estimates are not exceeded.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues. Collaborate with
supervisor, and peers to resolve issues, and develop, implement and
document appropriate solutions.
- Prepares reports on progress, including activities performed
and cost tracking.
- Provide onsite leadership from job planning to final execution:
Assure employees are assigned properly and that work progress is as
- CFS mechanical supervisor is responsible to provide good sound
judgment on reducing cost and work duration and maintain good
facility relationships and clear expectations for performance and
to assist in continuous improvement.Position Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in industrial boiler/ mechanical
part construction, maintenance and repairs.
- Prior supervisory or lead responsibility regarding job set up,
labor management and progressing work to owner/ client.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, and the ability to read
and understand instructions, training, safety, health related
materials and work rules are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills both to represent the company to
external parties as well as work with many and diverse interested
parties within the company.
- Good oral and written communications skills are required.
- Have good computer skills primarily with Microsoft Office
products and be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Master Rigger Certification or ability to achieve
- Domestic travel required, 80-90%Covanta is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the
applicant's experience or skills.If you are a qualified individual
with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a
result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Hempstead , Mechanical Supervisor (Covanta Field Services), IT / Software / Systems , Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!