Commercial Sales Specialist
Company: Auto Plus
Posted on: June 23, 2022
OverviewAuto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts
distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with
best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable
automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in
Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with
decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry,
united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations
with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000
locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus
member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail
stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most
trusted business partner and employer in the automotive
aftermarket.Position SummaryAuto Plus is hiring a Commercial Sales
Specialist at our Pep Boys location at Hempstead, NY.The Commercial
Sales Specialist is responsible for providing superior customer
service and assisting the store in achieving expected sales goals
through in-store execution of various programs, initiatives and
standards. Partner with the Store Manager of Parts to develop and
provide inspirational leadership and direction to the Sales and
Commercial team. This position will be expected to perform
additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned.
This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive
position.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Store Manager of Parts in developing and maintaining
commercial customer accounts. Maintains relationship with the
Commercial Account Manager (CAM) to partner on outside sales
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management,
- Supervise Drivers in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Manages overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Expected to carry
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Partners with Store
Manager of Parts on interviewing, hiring, and training associates;
planning, assigning work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining associates; addressing and resolving problems.
- Assist in managing and coaching Sales and Commercial Associates
on customer needs and product understanding. Provides input to the
Store Manager of Parts on scheduling, rewarding, disciplining, and
coaching associates through associate observations. Takes
appropriate actions as directed.
- Resource for technical matters, advice, direction and
assistance related to installation and proper application of
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit,
check, refund and return policies. Reacts to customer service
issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities as
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock
standards, reduction in outside part purchases through secondary
vendors, and proper ordering and returning of special order
- Track sales trends by monitoring KPI's and evaluating various
financial reports; demonstrates a clear and objective understanding
of category performance.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to
three (1-3) years of retail and/or service industry experience and
a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- ASE P2 (Parts Specialist) preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions.
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and
holidays.Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Keywords: Auto Plus, Hempstead , Commercial Sales Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Hempstead, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!