Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, SUD Care Management Program
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: September 13, 2023
OverviewProvides direct substance abuse counseling to
chronically mentally ill clients in the Behavioral Health program
in collaboration with the multidisciplinary staff on the team.
Responsible for integrating dual-recovery treatment with the tasks
of other team members. Works under general
- Assists with the development of the social work assessment of
patients/families, placing special emphasis on substance
- Assists in the development of treatment plans and goals based
on a diagnostic assessment of the presenting problems and
historical information, the establishment of long-term goals and
the administration of follow-up procedures.
- Provides ongoing substance abuse services and/or collaborates
with and refers to appropriate agencies.
- Conducts individual and group counseling sessions.
- Provides advocacy and assistance in obtaining entitlements and
community services to patients/families and other caregivers.
- Provides home visits to all clients as specified by the
Program's level of service commitment and the client's needs.
- Provides continuous evaluation of persons involved in
- Assists staff, patients, families and other caregivers to
understand substance abuse issues, entitlements and community
- Initiates and maintains written and verbal communications
according to program policies.
- Provides guidance, assistance and referrals to enable
participants to maintain a life free from drug use both during and
after completion of treatment.
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet program goals.
- Performs established workflow procedures.
- Acts as a liaison with other community agencies.
- Participates in related program activities, e.g., utilization
review, staff meetings, education programs, etc.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- Current registration to practice as a Licensed Social Worker in
New York State preferred.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field, or the
equivalent work experience required.
- Master's Degree in Social Work preferred.Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year of training and/or experience in integrated
mental health and substance abuse treatment required.
- Demonstrated skill or knowledge in substance abuse assessment
and diagnosis, principles and practices of harm reduction, and
application of stage-wise treatment and motivational interviewing
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational
Keywords: VNS Health, Hempstead , Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, SUD Care Management Program, Executive , Jericho, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!