Director of Corporate Sales and Strategic Sponsorships
Company: NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The administrator for corporate relations will be expected to
develop and implement an aggressive and appropriate plan for
integrating Hofstra Athletics within the corporate community and
secure corporate partnerships. Specific duties include:
- Responsible for the solicitation and sale of corporate
sponsorships for the athletics department. Expectations for this
position include weekly meeting/visit goals, monthly solicitation
goals and an aggressive yearly revenue goal in new corporate
- Develop and update all sales material and pitch decks as needed
for solicitation of new partners.
- Will work with Associate AD for Marketing/Strategic
Partnerships to identify corporate sponsorship inventory available
to the corporate community.
- Responsible for the execution of sponsorship contracts and the
tracking of invoices and payments.
- Responsible for the fulfillment of all sponsorship contracts
including digital, in-game and event-based activations. Work
collectively with appropriate departments including athletic
facilities and marketing regarding arena signage, in-game
sponsorship activations, and corporate entertainment.
- Responsible for stewardship, cultivation and entertainment of
- Coordinates with the ticket office on the distribution of
tickets to corporate sponsors.
- Coordinates with the University's Athletic Communications
Office to ensure that all sponsors are appropriate to the Hofstra
Style Guide and properly represents the University.
- Complies with policies and procedures set forth by Hofstra
University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
- Responsible for knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If
found responsible for a violation of NCAA regulations, will be
subject to disciplinary or corrective action, including termination
if appropriate. Also, may be responsible for any act or omission
that may give rise to a finding that the University has violated an
- Reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing and
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director of Athletics
and Vice President for Athletics.
- This position requires working weekends and holidays and
attending athletic events when appropriate. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 3-4 years' experience in corporate sales preferably in a
collegiate or professional sports setting
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Proven track record of sales
- Advanced negotiating skills, ability to identify and influence
key decision makers
- Strong competitive spirit - desire to win the business through
hard work and determination
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation
- Driven to succeed and able to overcome obstacles
- Ability to adapt your style/messaging to the needs of the
Keywords: NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association), Hempstead , Director of Corporate Sales and Strategic Sponsorships, Executive , Hempstead, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!