Director of Operations
Company: Vendome Partners International
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client is a world leader in sustainable resource management
and operates across all 50 states and Canada.
They are looking for a Director of Operations, Wastewater Services
to supervise a team of 100+ and to oversee all aspects of Technical
Services, Plant Operations and Contract Compliance.
Position Summary:This position is responsible for working with the
operations staff and upper management to provide quality wastewater
services under a long-term service contract. The position is
responsible for full compliance with the company's contractual
responsibilities, safety and environmental compliance goals using
the full resources of the company to achieve superior
client/customer loyalty and build long-term relationship.
Nature & Scope of the work:The Director is responsible for
providing high quality wastewater treatment and collection services
for a Sewer System serving a population of over 1 million people.
The System consists of three Wastewater Plants and 3,000 miles of
sewers and 57 Pumping Stations.To accomplish this goal, the
Director of Operations provides guidance, assistance and direction
to the following departments:
- Treatment Plant Operations - responsible for daily operations
of three (3) -advanced wastewater treatment facilities.
- Collections- responsible for daily maintenance, cleaning and
service of the wastewater collection network.
- Engineering- responsible for quality control, plant engineering
and construction related activities.
- Maintenance - responsible for all maintenance associated with
the 3 wastewater treatment facilities and 57 pumping stations
located throughout the collection network.
- Administration - responsible for contract compliance and
Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- The Director supervises and participates in the preparation and
administration of strategic plans, systems plans, capital plans,
marketing plans, operating plans and revises plans needed.
- The Director administers corporate, local and state rules and
regulations, which govern operations, water quality, service,
- The Director develops and maintains sound regulatory,
governmental, media, community, customer and employee relations
- The Director, through his/her Leadership Team, trains and
develops employees to assure each employee has the necessary skill
sets to accomplish his/her responsibilities.
- Provides client relations including presentations of progress
and special reports, participates in client meetings, and conducts
client service audit interviews and professional handling and
resolution of client services concerns, contract interpretation and
modification and/or renewal activities.
- Actively supervises project staff to ensure work is performed
in a safe and professional manner by following established safety,
operating and emergency response procedures.
- Ensures that safety, process control, and maintenance
management programs and systems are consistently implemented by
subordinates and that each site follows established administrative
and maintenance policies and procedures
- Ensures labor agreements are consistently administered by
subordinates and fosters a productive and positive work environment
with labor unions.
- Manages the establishment of procedures for maintaining high
standards of operation, product quality, reliability and
- Determines and enforces, through direct and functional report
groups, productivity, quality and safety requirements in accordance
with company need, based on current local, state and federal
- Evaluates and develops improved techniques for the control of
operations, quality, reliability and safety.
- Supports and assists as necessary the development and
maintenance of sound regulatory, governmental, media, community,
customer and employee relations programs.
- Promotes morale and provides staff with atmosphere of open
communication, innovation and job growth.
- Performs related duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Civil, Environmental,
or Sanitary Engineering preferred. Equivalent experience in related
fields with strong understanding of local governments and
contracting of local services acceptable.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA, strongly preferred.
- Formal training in the development, deployment, and use of
Management Control & Reporting Systems (MCRS)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence is required and
must meet risk management guidelines.
Work Experience Needed:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years combined experience as Project
Manager/ Operations Manager/Director in a Wastewater Utility,
Consulting Engineering, Construction Management, Program
Management, or Facilities Management organization with a minimum of
ten years of supervisory experience managing Technical/Operational
employees and complex activities
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in supporting or
leading public works project development activities with documented
evidence of successfully capturing target projects.
- Strong knowledge of municipal water and/or wastewater industry
issues including regulatory, financing and inter-local government
- 5-10 years' experience managing within a Unionized
--- Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Familiarity and adherence to all environmental and safety
- Excellent skills in leadership, team building, internal &
external communications, change management, and training and
mentoring of project managers and supervisors.
- Strong skills in preparing complex proposals, bid and/or
contract amendments for governmental agencies, with an emphasis on
- Strong experience in managing contracts including negotiations,
resolving conflicts and preparing and negotiating change
- Ability to develop and implement a project level and division
level Strategic Vision and plan.
- Strong skills in working with local elected officials to
develop new business, negotiate contracts, prepare capital plans,
and manage regulatory reviews.
- Working knowledge of water treatment methods, distribution
system operations and maintenance, utility accounting systems and
procedures, and engineering principles as related to water
treatment and distribution facilities.
- Strong financial acumen with ability to review and recommend
annual budgets and report variances
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate and interact
with elected officials, regulators, and media.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word,
Outlook and PowerPoint.
Keywords: Vendome Partners International, Hempstead , Director of Operations, Executive , Hempstead, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!